Engineer / Appointed Person
Wm. OBrien is currently recruiting an engineer to assist in the completion of project lifting plans and documentation. A successful candidate will be working directly with the project manager on a number of projects, primarily in the wind industry throughout Ireland and UK. This is an office-based role, but some travel will be required. The lifting plans outline the safe system of works (RAMS, Calculations, Site drawings) for the planning of all heavy lifting activities using our fleet of large cranes primarily on wind farms.
Duties & Responsbility
- Create project 2D and 3D cad drawings to be included in project lifting plans as required by BS7121, using either site specific layouts or site surveys
- Utilise the latest in crane management software including cranimax 2014, liccon and compucrane (training will be provided)
- Assist with RAMS/lift plans as required by the senior appointed person
- Compiling crane specific critical lift documents
- Amending project documentation as required
- Occasional site visits to assist in surveying of crane positions and access routes
- Appointed Person training will be provided within the 1st year of employment.
- Management of lifting activities as per the Appointed Person’s role.
Skills & Experience
- Drawing skill and awareness of cad 2D/3D
- Capable of delivering cad drawings and models to deadlines
- Experience in Autocad 2010 and up
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Flexible approach to working and ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Willingness to travel as required within ROI/UK, USA, Europe, ME.
- Excellent written and reporting skills
- Technical approach to problem solving
- Valid safe pass
The above skill set is an advantage, however training will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to [email protected]