12 New Wind Turbines for Windy Rig Wind Farm, Scotland
Our recently acquired Terex Demag TC2800 was the main Crane on site at Windy Rig Wind Farm, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland to support the installation of 12 Wind Turbines on behalf of AIS Wind Energy, as well as a number of other assist cranes and trucks that were responsible for the safe movement of all equipment between hard stands.
As the weather on wind farms can be sporicidal, optimising the weather windows was key to progressing on the project while working hard to ensure the project was delivered safely and efficiently for all.
Wm. O’Brien was also complimented by the customer on the movement of all equipment in the allocated time frame while keeping high standards of health and safety measurements in place at all times.
A total of 6 Wm. O’Brien staff members were involved in the Windy Rig Wind Farm project including site manager, crane operators, trucks drivers and riggers.
Wm. O’Brien was responsible for the:
– Project management of all heavy lift activities
– Crane hire
– Personnel hire and supervision
– Hard stand drawings and layout plans
– Engineering and lift drawings
Type of turbines
– 12 x V112 MW Wind Turbines
– Terex Demag TC2800 Truck Crane
– Grove – GMK5130 All Terrain Crane
– Selection of Heavy Haulage Trucks