48 Wind Turbines for Harvest Ridge Wind Farm, Illinois
Project Scope: To support the installation of 48 Vestas wind turbines for Harvest Ridge Wind Farm in Illinois with a total wind energy capacity of 200MW.
Location: Harvest Ridge Wind Farm, located in northeastern Douglas County, Newman, Illinois, USA
Date: June 2020
- Terex/Demag CC6800, Liebherr LR 11000, Liebherr LR 1400 and MANITOWOC M2250 crawler cranes
- TCC-1400 telecrawler cranes
- Liebherr LTM 1250, Tadano ATF 220 and Liebherr LTM 1500 mobile cranes
- Grove 9130 and 890, 90t and 130t rough terrain cranes
- Goldhofer SPMT 36 axle lines, SCHEUERLE SPMT and tractor units
- 37 Vestas V150-4.3MW turbines
- 11 Vestas V136-3.78MW turbines
Wm. O’Brien was responsible for the project management of all heavy lift activities, including:
– Lifting planning and management
– Site supervision
– Obtained Professional Seals and Certifications for State-level compliance of lift plans and drawings
– On site management and supervision of all lifting equipment
– Contract negotiation and management of equipment suppliers
– Our team consisted of 80 staff including a site manager, crane operators, truck drivers, SPMT operators, iron workers, oilers and site supervisors.
What makes Wm. O’Brien different?
At Wm. O’Brien we understand cranes and what’s needed for the successful installation of wind turbines. We are a team of problem solvers and get involved at all aspects of the project. We assess roads, hardstands, and other aspects of the site to identify any possible delays a head of time. Our pre-planning ensured equipment moves were prepared and executed smoothly.
Our team know how to move big cranes quickly, efficiently and effectively. This ensures that heavy lift equipment is where it’s meant to be when it’s needed, saving on costly project overruns.
We see ourselves as part of the client and take pride in achieving the common goal of delivering on time with great service, whilst managing budget within the client’s needs.