Heavy Lifting for 25 Winds Turbines at Crossing Trails Colorado
Project brief: To provide heavy lift project management, equipment and staff to help with the installation of 25 wind turbines at Crossing Trails Wind Farm in Colorado giving a total wind energy capacity of 104MW.
Type of turbines installed:
- 20x Vestas V150 4.3 MW wind turbines
- 5x Vestas V136 3.6 MW wind turbines
- Liebherr LR11350, Liebherr LR1300 and MANITOWOC M2250 crawler cranes
- Liebherr LTM1400 and Liebherr LTM1250 mobile cranes
- 160t, 130t, 120t and 110t rough terrain cranes
For this wind turbine heavy lift project Wm. O’Brien was responsible for:
– Project management of all heavy lift activities
– On site management and supervision of all lifting equipment
– Site supervision
– Contract negotiation and management of equipment suppliers
– Obtained Professional Seals and Certifications for State-level compliance of lift plans and drawings
Wm O’Brien had 26 staff on site including a site manager, site administrator, crane operators, truck drivers, SPMT operators, iron workers, oilers and site supervisors. We ran one shift per day with flexible hours to accommodate and take advantage of lifting windows.