Business Development Manager – North America
We are looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager to grow our footprint in North America, primarily in the wind energy sector. We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic salesperson who wants to be a key player in our business development team building strong customer relationships, identifying and developing new business opportunities and growing revenue.
- Secure new business opportunities aligned to the agreed business development targets and company growth strategy
- Prepare and submit proposals
- Assist the company in winning projects and tenders
- Track new business development opportunities, utilizing market knowledge and market intelligence tools to identify projects and new clients
- Develop and foster strong relationships with key clients and potential clients operating within the wind energy industry to promote the services of the company
- Represent the company at trade shows, professional meetings and industry forums
- Engage in strategic development planning including preparation and implementation of market plans, customer management plans and prospect capture plans
- Develop and maintain business development reporting tools to effectively communicate business development activity
- Interact with technical team on project execution
- Promote Wm. O’Brien’s capabilities and track record via social media, conferences and direct contact with key industry players
Profile of the Ideal Candidate
- Engineering qualification, practical engineering training or commercial/business administration is desirable
- 5 years+ experience of working at a senior level in the wind energy or heavy lift industry
- Proven experience winning heavy lift or wind energy projects
- Experience in /knowledge of technical facets of wind energy installation, repowering, life extension and decommissioning
- Transport experience would also be beneficial
- Extensive experience and a professional network within the US wind energy business
- Excellent instincts and commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset
- Excellent client facing skills with a strong customer focused approach
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse and multi-faceted team, as well as independently when necessary
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and CRM software
Travel – as required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate and responsibilities of this position.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.