Transport & Equipment Supervisor
Duties & Responsbility
Wm. O'Brien Crane Hire is the premier provider of engineering solutions, technical and crane hire services in Ireland having serviced the Irish construction and energy industries for over 66 years. During the last number of years, we have successfully grown our operations both domestically and throughout the UK & Europe, to become one of the most significant companies in supplying engineering solutions to both the Construction and Renewable Energy sector.
Our extensive fleet of vehicles are staffed with experienced operators committed to working in a safe, competent manner. Safety is a priority within our company and since April 2004 we certified as OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Standard. Our ongoing aim is to continue providing our customers with the best possible plant and service.
Due to increased demand from both our existing clients and new business we currently have a vacancy for the role of Transport & Equipment Supervisor. The successful candidate will be a well-motivated, energetic self-starter who will enable us to fully utilise our existing resources.
- Plan the efficient movement of cranes, ballast and sections on sites and between sites in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe.
- Ensuring compliance with transport legislation (CVRT, Abnormal Load Permits, UK HGV Levies).
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in planning the maintenance program for the fleet.
- Ensuring Health & Safety requirements are implemented.
- Manage staffing levels to ensure effective resource management of the team.
- Participate in the hiring process of new employees.
- Roster holidays to ensure sufficient cover for all projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Qualification in transport or minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in planning deliveries of heavy goods, scheduling routes, vehicle maintenance, and employee management.
- Strategic planning background in relation to the transport industry.
- Strong budgeting skills.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft word and excel
- Strong communication interpersonal skills.
- Ideally experience in the construction sector.
- Full Driver’s Licence is required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate and responsibilities of this position
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com before the 14th Dec 2018.