International Business Development Manager
Duties & Responsbility
Wm. O'Brien Crane Hire is the premier provider of engineering solutions, technical and crane hire services in Ireland having serviced the Irish construction and energy industries for over 66 years. During the last number of years, we have successfully grown our operations both domestically and throughout Europe and the United States to become one of the most significant companies in supplying engineering solutions to both the Construction and Renewable Energy sector. Wm. O’Brien Crane Hire currently have a requirement for a Business Development Manager to be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities with a focus initially in the Middle East / Caspian Sea.
The International Business Development Manager will be responsible for promoting the Company’s value proposition to the Oil, Gas & Heavy Lift Industry. Our Industry is extremely niche, so while commercial heavy lift experience is valuable it is not essential. If you have confidence in your sales abilities, can open doors and engage clients with effective solutions to their heavy lift problems, then we have the career for you.
Secure new business opportunities internationally aligned to the agreed BD targets and Company Growth strategy, including but not limited to:
- Assist the company to develop Capture Plans and respective winning strategies for targeted projects and tenders initially in the Middle East and Internationally.
- Track New Business Development opportunities, utilizing market knowledge and market intelligence tools to identify projects and new Customers.
- Develop strong relationships with Key Clients and Potential Clients operating within the Oil, Gas and Heavy Lift Industry to promote the services of the Company. Including but not limited to:
- Use existing contacts to locate the decision makers at key companies and build relationships.
- Develop new contacts when there are none available.
- Influence key decision makers and drive tactical BD activities.
- Develop and deliver BD presentations to key clients and prospects.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, professional meetings and industry forums.
- Develop and Maintain Business Development reporting tools to effectively communicate all Business Development activity. Including but not limited to:
- Responsible for providing regular reports on BD activities.
- Competitor intelligence
- Review market analyses to determine Customer needs and development strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of the competition
- International Travel – as required
Profile or The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s in engineering or Commercial/Business Administration is desirable
- 5 years’ experience in the heavy lift or installation industry
- Sales and Business Development
- Extensive experience and professional network within the Middle East / Caspian Sea.
- Understanding of the social and business cultures and practices of different countries around the region.
- Excellent instincts and commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate and responsibilities of this position
If you are interested in this position, please email your cv to email@example.com by the 18th January 2019.