Heavy Duty Vehicle Mechanic
Duties & Responsbility
Wm O’Brien Crane Hire, Bishopstown, Co. Cork
Wm. O'Brien Crane Hire is the premier provider of engineering solutions, technical and crane hire services in Ireland having serviced the Irish construction and energy industries for over 66 years. During the last number of years, we have successfully grown our operations both domestically and throughout the UK & Europe, to become one of the most significant companies in supplying engineering solutions to both the Construction and Renewable Energy sector.
Our extensive fleet of vehicles are staffed with experienced operators committed to working in a safe, competent manner. Safety is a priority within our company and since April 2004 we certified as OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Standard. Our ongoing aim is to continue providing our customers with the best possible plant and service.
We currently have a vacancy for the role of Heavy-Duty Vehicle Mechanic. The successful candidate will be a well-motivated, energetic self-starter who will enable us to fully utilise our existing resources.
- Perform skilled diagnostic work in the maintenance of the companies heavy & light duty vehicles and related equipment.
- Responsible for diagnosing electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, on-board or vehicle related computer failures, and perform a wide variety of repairs and maintenance work on the company’s vehicles and equipment.
- Assist the Transport & Equipment Supervisor in planning the maintenance program for the fleet.
- Maintain records, work orders, purchase request, quotes, timesheets, daily and monthly reports.
- Ensuring Health & Safety requirements are implemented.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- 1+ years post HGV apprenticeship experience or equivalent an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- Strong communication interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under challenging time constraints.
- HGV licence an advantage.
Package & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Service Van is provided.
Contact Details: Please send your CV to email@example.com before the 12th April 2019